Monday, August 27, 2012

Yours Alone: Salon Time

Once the alarms started going off in the house, chaos ensued.  We had 7 people to shower and get dressed and out of the house to be sure we got to the salon on time.  The salon, InStyle, is the salon my mom regularly goes to.  They were amazing to work with - we obviously had a lot to get done: hair, makeup, and only a limited time to do it with.  The owner agreed to open the salon an hour early for us, with no additional charge.  She pulled in the best stylists and made sure we had everything we needed.

Before we left, Mom Busy Bee, Sister J and I laid out my wedding dress on my mom's bed.  Mom Busy Bee had distinct memories of her and her sister's wedding dresses being laid out on her mother's bed, and she wanted to have some similar photos.  Dad Busy Bee used his fancy camera to take photos of us prepping the dress.

Sister J and I peel plastic wrap off my dress / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Straightening things out / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

There she is - Del-Del! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee
Once the dress was ready to go - the girls headed out to the salon!  We were meeting Bridesmaid A and Aunt Busy Bee (who was picking up breakfast and mimosas for everyone!) at the salon, and Dad Busy Bee was planning on meeting us to take some quality looking photos while we all got prettified.

Sister J having her hair curled / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Mom Busy Bee getting her hair done / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Getting my makeup done (and yes, my hair is literally in a knot on the back of my head) / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid Y prettifies! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

I secretly was obsessed with Bridesmaid S's hair / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid J was put to work while she waited for her stylist / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid A looks focused / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Sister J / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid S is ready to go! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

I'm taking a break to fuel up with coffee / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

A few makeup adjustments / Photo by Dad Busy Bee



This is a good shot of the tank tops I made for the girls!  / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid A was in charge of mimosas / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Double fisting! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee


Hair time! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Beautiful ladies / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Aunt Busy Bee looks on ... and later decides to have her hair done / Photo by Dad Busy Bee





Mimosas for all! / Photo by Dad Busy Bee



Hair looks good so far / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Looking normal... / Photo by Dad Busy Bee




Progress...  / Photo by Dad Busy Bee
Bigger ... / Photo by Dad Busy Bee
Hilarious!  Bridesmaid A had a good tease going on / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid S looks on / Photo by Dad Busy Bee

Bridesmaid J finally gets her turn / Photo by Dad Busy Bee
After everyone had their hair done and makeup done, we posed for a few photos for the salon owner, Camille.  Everyone was wearing their tank tops and their hair and makeup was done, and things looked great.  Of course, we were running a little behind, so I was starting to get antsy and to try and get everyone out the door. 

We had a great morning at the salon, and I'm so glad I had this extra opportunity to spend more time with these special women in my life!  And it always feels great to get all gussied up, of course!  That helped :)

Now it was time to get back to Mom and Dad Busy Bee's house and put on that DRESS that I'd been dreaming about wearing for almost a year!

Missed out on our wedding week recaps?  Catch up here:
I Come Out of Hiding
Wedding Week Begins
Wedding Week: Wednesday
Wedding Week: Thursday
Wedding Week: Friday
Wedding Week: Friday Rehearsal 
Wedding Week: Time to Rehearse 
Wedding Week: Rehearsal After Party

Yours Alone: A Quiet Moment

1 comment:

  1. I need an excuse to tease my hair again!

    You were so unbelievably gorgeous that day!

    -Bridesmaid A

    ReplyDelete