Friday, July 27, 2012

Wedding Week: Rehearsal After-Party

Sorry this is a pictureless post - someone took a lot of photos at our after-party...but I can't seem to get my hands on them!

Mom Busy Bee and FMIL planned a get-together for all our guests staying at the hotel for Friday evening.  It actually started before we returned from our rehearsal - so when Mr. C and I arrived, there were about 60 people in the hotel conference room  FMIL's friend had been kind enough to offer to help set up, so things were rolling by the time we got there.

It was amazing to see all these faces for the first time - and they actually cheered for us when we entered the room.  MBB and FMIL planned to have sandwiches, snacks, drinks, and anything you could think of.  People who were just getting into town were grateful to have free food available and the ease of not having to go out into a town they weren't as familiar with. 

Mr. C and I also found this to be an amazing opportunity to catch up with people we hadn't seen in sometime, to giggle with excitement with the people who were almost as anxious as we were, and to take in the special feeling knowing that all these people were here to celebrate our union.  It really was amazing.  I would highly recommend some sort of event if you could swing it for your out of town guests.

Brother M finally returned from his football game, so we were able to gift him his groomsman gift and took some family photos with Mr. C's family and my family.

Although I was having an amazing time and I did not want to leave, I swore that I was going to leave the party by 11:30.  I gathered up the bridesmaids and my family and herded them to the car.  it was hard to leave such a hopping party, but I was really dead set on getting a solid night's sleep.  I begged Mr. C to go to bed soon (apparently, he didn't listen) and said my goodbyes to many of our guests who were still hanging out.  

The girls and I headed back to my parent's house.  BM J and I shared a bed, and BM S slept on the floor, and BM S and BM Y shared a bed and MOH J slept on the floor in their room.  It was amazing to have these really special women so close to me mere hours before my wedding day.  I was glad they decided to stay!  (Poor BM A couldn't stay because her allergies would have been a mess!)

I thought I would be too anxious to sleep, but I passed right out with my alarm set for 7 the next morning.  Tomorrow I would be getting married.

Missed out on our wedding week recaps?  Catch up here:
I Come Out of Hiding
Wedding Week Begins
Wedding Week: Wednesday
Wedding Week: Thursday
Wedding Week: Friday
Wedding Week: Friday Rehearsal 
Wedding Week: Time to Rehearse


No comments:

Post a Comment