Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Perfect Pear

Our venue is fairly well decorated, and although I wanted to add personal details to the decor, I couldn't do too much as I thought it would take away from the beauty of the room.  So rather than add excessive decor, I'm looking to add other small details to include some personal touches.

I was perusing the Weddingbee DIY Boards one day, and came across these photos:

Via Weddingbee

Via Weddingbee

How adorable are these flags?  I imagined them sitting on the bar at our wedding, and what a great, but soft and subtle, touch they would add to the reception.  I loved the flags with ribbon, but I didn't have any lying around, and I wanted to work with what I had.

Instead, I pulled out purple and orange paper I already had in my scrapbooking supplies.  I also looked to my (very small) stamp collection and found the perfect stamp for these flags:

Photo Source
See the stamp there?  To a perfect PEAR?!  So adorable, right?  

So off to work I got, but first I needed to find something to glue these cute little flags on to.  I did a lot of searching on Amazon and Ebay, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I mentioned to my FMIL that I was looking for some sort of cocktail stirrers, but I didn't want them to be red.  She reached into her magical closet, and pulled out somewhere around 500 stirrers.  (I'm telling you, I really lucked out in the in-law department!)

I tried different orders of the process, but I think what worked best was stamping, trimming the paper down to flag size, cutting off the ends, and then gluing.  (Bridesmaid AF helped with the first round...so maybe I should say SHE figured out what worked best).

I made sure to not ink the part of the stamp that said "To" but it wasn't always perfect

Personal Photo
I used two glue dots for each flag.  One on the center to hold the straw, and one on the end to keep it closed.

Personal photo.

Personal photo.

Personal photo.
 Ta-dah!  Flag!

Personal photo.

Look how cute it is in the glass!

Personal photo.
 And how they'll look all together in a glass on the bar.


Personal photo.

I'm really happy with how they turned out.  They're a fairly easy, cute and for me, free project!  I better see people using them at the reception!

What's your favorite pun?  I love a good play on words.  

3 comments:

  1. You're a very punny girl!!! I really like these and the word play is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are def. adorable, very great project!

    ReplyDelete