Friday, July 8, 2011

The Other Dress Hunt, Part II

Before deciding whether we would pick matching dresses or mis-matched dress, I figured it would be a good idea to actually see some dresses in person.  I made three different dates: 1) David's Bridal with BM AF, 2) Bridal shop with Sister J, and 3) Marathon shopping day with all the girls, minus Sister J.

The trip to David's Bridal was actually because BM AF had to order her dress for another wedding she is in, so I figured I would tag along and check out some of the options.  Here are some of the dresses we looked at:

Style 83707

Style F14227

Style F14212

BM AF in Style 83707 / I'm in Style F14227
Although the dresses and the price were exactly what we had been thinking about, unfortunately the color was not.  The only orange color available was a pumpkin orange, not the burnt orange I was thinking about.  So although there were nice browns and purples, I really had my heart set on burnt orange.  We didn't cross it totally off the list, but I knew I wanted to find some burnt orange dresses before I made a decision.

Trip number two was with Sister J up near where she lives to check out some Alfred Angelo and Jim Hjelm styles I liked.

Our clear favorite of what was available was Alfred Angelo Style 7017 


After Sister J was already dressed, Mom Busy Bee found this one that I took note of as well, Alfred Angelo Style 7016



With all this information, I set up a date with the other four NYC bridesmaids to check out a number of shops that carried almost all these dresses, plus a few more.

How many trips did it take you to find your bridesmaid dresses?

4 comments:

  1. All pretty but I like the two short little red numbers..the first on and the other one were very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One! I only had one attendant, though - my MOH, so that made it very easy! We went to Davids Bridal, and she found the perfect one there that day! I LOVE the dress in the 3rd pic, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made two trips with my sisters but I've been so indecisive. I keep wavering. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo i like these--I look skinny! ;)

    -bridesmaid AF

    ReplyDelete