Monday, July 11, 2011

The Other Dress Hunt: Lots of dresses, lots of exhaustion, and a winner!

For our last trip, Bridesmaid AF, AB, Y, S and I met bright and early on a Saturday to tackle three dress shops.  Let me tell you, do not do this hungover.  I.  Was.  Tired.  And I didn't even have to take dresses on and off constantly.

But the girls were total troopers and we (they) tried on so, so many dresses.  It was really great though to see so many different styles on all of the girls.  Here's a small collection of the dresses we looked at:















Yeah, like I said, just a "small" assortment.  We shopped for about seven hours, and then I went home and contemplated our options.  I wanted to look at price, variety, color, and what dress made the girls happy.  Picking one option, I called Sister J and asked her to go try this dress on.  She did, and gave me the thumbs up.  So we had our dress:



Alfred Angelo Style 7141 in Burnt Orange:


We're going to add something to Sister J's dress to make her stand out more, but the ease of everyone wearing the same dress that we all loved really won me over.  Each of the girls liked the dress, it's a flattering style on everyone, and it was a really great price.

So bridesmaid dresses have been ordered!  They should be in about a month and a half before the wedding, giving the girls plenty of time to have them altered as necessary.  I love checking things off my list!

What style of bridesmaid dress did you choose?  Did you take all the girls out at once, shop online, or have them go and send you pictures?

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, great choice..I love the color too!! Something else to check of your to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love when that task is checked off the list of things to do.

    I brought my two pickiest friends (who also happen to be very different in size) so they picked something they both agreed on. Then I showed the other girls the dress. They all really like that dress so, that made everything so much easier. I have pic on my blog of me modeling the bridesmaid dress.

    http://livingasstacy.blogspot.com/2011/05/week-recap.html

    PS- it not the greatest picture of me or the dress but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make progress on the to-do list! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete