Tuesday, June 21, 2011

That Other Dress Hunt: The Bridesmaid Dress

After we found my dress, I started thinking about that other dress I was going to have to look for: a bridesmaid dress.  What I wasn't sure about was whether that was the way I wanted to proceed: did I really only want to find one dress?

And since I'm talking about bridesmaids, obligatory Bridesmaids trailer included: 




I really was (and still am!) focused on making sure my bridesmaids do not have a horrific experience by agreeing to stand by me on my wedding day.  I don'twant anyone spending a fortune on anything, especially a dress that they didn't really get to choose, and more likely than not, would never wear again.  The idea of wearing the same color, but styles each girl would individually pick, really appealed to me.  Not only would this give each of the girls some autonomy in their choice, but they would have a bit more freedom with their own budget, and a style they were comfortable wearing. 

When I threw this idea out to Mr. C he was not thrilled by the idea.  He couldn't really imagine how it would work and how our bridal party would still stay cohesive.  So how did I try to sway his opinion?  With inspiration pictures, of course!  And I needed to find some real life brides who had pulled this off to make it look cohesive and still like a bridal party to ease Mr. C's fears.


Source.

Source.



Source.


Source.

Source.


After showing Mr. C some of these pictures, he seemed more open to having mis-matched styles in the same colors.  But he still wanted some proof that it would work with our bridal party.  So our next step was shopping with the girls!

How do you feel about same-color-different-style bridesmaid dresses?  Have you seen Bridesmaids?  I thought it was hilarious...you?

6 comments:

  1. We did same color, different styles and I was thrilled with it. Each girl got to pick out what THEY thought best fit their body type and they were happy and it all looked pretty cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved bridesmaids. i saw it twice in the theater and it's hysterical!

    for the BM dresses... i chose their dresses and they're all the same. i guess i could have let them pick but even though i saw pictures of girls in all different dresses i (like your husband to-be) couldn't imagine it with OUR wedding party. and so i stuck to one style. i kind of wish i let them choose... and know that it would have been the nice thing to do. but we can't go back now!

    i say do it! the pictures always give off a special touch i think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are def. Right that different styles, same color will be just fine!


    I LOVED bridesmaids! Sooo hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the colorful bridesmaid dress are shared in this post were looking great. I have enjoyed by spending time on it. In order to purchase this kind of bridesmaid dress, they may use the wedding apps for free an d make use of it while going out for the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your added bridesmaid dress are looking amazing and Awesome. Very good collection of wedding dresses

    I have delighted in by investing energy in it. Keeping in mind the end goal to buy this sort of bridesmaid dress.

    ReplyDelete