Thursday, May 5, 2011

On the Hunt: Dress Shopping, Trip 2

Subtitled: "Inadvertantly Finding Options When I'm With Another Bride"

After the trip to David's Bridal in April, only two weeks after Mr. C and I got engaged, I didn't do any other serious dress shopping.  I definitely kept looking at blogs, magazines, and designers' pages, but it wasn't anything intense.  In the meantime, Sister J got engaged and was planning her wedding quickly, so I switched roles and stepped in as her MOH and we went out dress shopping. 

I had read good things about the Vows Bridal Outlet in Watertown, MA (although the store is called Vows, the website, is actually bridepower.com).  Sister J didn't have as definitive an idea what she wanted, and she actually HATES shopping, so she tried on a few dresses and then sort of gave up.  We'd only been there for about half our appointment, so I asked the consultant if I could try on a few things.  I told them my budget, my style, and time of my wedding and they brought me a few options. 

Apologies in advance, I have NO idea who the designers are, so I can't link you to a real dress, but you'll have to settle with staring at them on me!





Here was the first dress that I tried.  The belt was added on, because initially I thought the dress was too plain and needed a little something extra.  This actually looks quite a bit like the Oleg Cassini I tried on at David's Bridal, huh?  What can I say, I think it makes my waist look smaller and my boobs bigger.  That's not a bad thing, right?





 I was really, really into this second dress.  I think it's because it was so...different.  I was really enthusiastic about being in a dress that no one had ever seen before, that was out of the box a bit.


 Now looking at it, it's really not flattering on me.  The pleating of the fabric draws more attention to my midsection and makes me look wider than I am.  But it is a very interesting dress.


Although when I showed Dad Busy Bee pictures, he asked me if I wanted an animal nest as a skirt, he could find me one in the backyard.  Oh Dad Busy Bee, you are soooooo hilarious.


This third one was a bit more simple, with more focus on the beading and added design here.  I don't look so happy about it though.


Although I certainly won't complain about the shape it gave me.  I don't know if I would have survived an entire day in this sucker.  Breathe, much?


So that was how I stole Sister J's thunder.  Although, she did manage to pick something out that day, just at another location.  I took the consultant's name and schedule, but didn't end up going back for that second dress.  I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet.  This was still almost 15 months before the wedding, and I wanted to be sure that I was really ready to buy THE dress.  That ONE dress that I would marry Mr. C in.  And none of these were it.

Have you ever been dress shopping with another bride? 

All personal photos

1 comment:

  1. I have never gone dress shopping with another bride but I love that first dress on you. It looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete