Thursday, April 28, 2011

How Bout Some Candy For Those Jars?

Guys, I'm terrible at coming up with names for my blog posts.  Drulz. 

But I do want to talk about candy.  Are you sick of it after Easter?  I probably should be, but I'm not.  I seriously love candy.  I would rather have a bag of gummy bears than a piece of chocolate cake probably nine times out of ten (although I guess it depends how yummy that chocolate cake can be, but let's be honest, it's usually disappointing!).  So maybe I loved the pictures of candy bars.  Maybe I loved the jars.  Maybe I loved the signs, but really, what it all comes down to is the candy. 

Mr. C and I went back and forth whether we wanted our candy bar to be color coordinated or just filled with our favorite sweets.  Whatever we decided, I knew it was going to look great.  Here are some of the photos that got me really pumped about both options:



Source.

Source
Source
Source

Source

Source

All these pictures make me so excited for our candy bar.  I just hope we can pull off the cohesiveness of each of these.  Because whether you do color coordinated or just your favorites, I think each of these photos show that the candy bar works with some elements that tie it together, whether it's labels, ribbons, or matching containers.

After much discussion, Mr. C and I decided that we'd be doing a color-coordinated candy bar, with colored ribbon and matching labels.  We hope to add some sort of colored linen to the table as well as a sign (probably something like, "Love Is Sweet"). 

We're looking at mostly orange and purples, with maybe some browns thrown in.  Sitting around to brainstorm appropriate candy to match our colors was tough, until I found this AWESOME website: Candy Warehouse.  They allow you to check out candy sorted BY COLOR.  Thank you, Candy Geniuses. 

So here are some ideas of what we'll be using:









 All candy images from here

What do you guys think?  Do you think we'll have enough candy selection to keep everyone happy but also to keep our candy bar cohesive and color coordinated?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! It looks yums! You've got your chocolates, jelly beans, hard candy, gummy candy, taffy so that about covers it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're doing a candy bar too! i love the fact too that online you can find candy by colors. it's so handy!

    ReplyDelete