Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Save the Date Poll

Our save the dates arrived!

I'm not going to reveal them yet, they still need some TLC, plus, I want to really draw out the process and share as many of the steps with you as I can.  But the reason I bring it up is to ask for your advice about sending them out.

The Internetzzz tell me about a billion different things relating to when I should be sending out the save the dates.  Mr. C thinks its way too early.  Mom Busy Bee thinks I'm already late.  And FMIL didn't think sending them out at all was necessary.

Ahhh! Timing is hard!
Source.


So instead, I'm turning to the true wedding authority: the blogosphere.  So tell me other brides, people who have been invited to weddings, or anyone who really just wants to throw in their two cents:  WHEN should I send these bad boys out?

And here is a little background:

Wedding Date: October 22

Semi-destination (its my hometown, but 95% of our guests will be out of town, and even most of my relatives will book the hotel [drinking and driving is bad!])



I'm not going to lie.  I will probably, most definitely, base my decision entirely on your comments.
Source.

When would you shoot these guys out?




PS - I updated this post with a link to Bridesmaid A's blog.  Check it out.

5 comments:

  1. I have no recollection of when we sent ours out, but I know that I just got one last week for an August 6th, non-destination wedding. I don't know if that will help! I love you and I love your blog. I can't wait to see what people say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around now is good. Just make sure there's enough time between when STD's going out and the invites going out. I'd count back from the intended invites out date to see how much time you have. Plus, if you have a wedding website ready to go it doesn't hurt to send them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent mine out 7 months before, and I think anywhere from 6-8 months is good. I say anytime between now and April 22.

    Sorry I got your wedding date wrong, I'm going to fix my post now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sent mine out on friday and we are getting married on 9/25. So you can send them out at anytime. I would tend to send them out a little earlier since it will be prime leaf peeping season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great so far! This will definitely give me some time to see to the TLC I think they need and get them out at a reasonable time :)

    ReplyDelete