Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Disappeared For Awhile

Updated to include links :)

So in full disclosure, my last post about sunshine, happiness and rainbows?  Well, it didn't last super long.  Hence the disappearance. 

My very good friend, Bridesmaid A, posted on her blog about how sometimes you are reading other people's blogs and it gets so frustrating, because they just seem so darn happy and perfect all the time!  While I agree, it's harder to share some of the hard/bad/emotional stuff, and I'm letting you know, I'm actively shying away from these things here.  It's not that I don't want to be real...these things are effecting me, they are effecting my relationships, and they are causing me to think, A LOT. 

But, for me, this isn't the place to be dealing and handling these things.  I created a blog to talk about my wedding, my job hunt, and trying to lose weight.  And a lot of emotional baggage comes up a lot with each of these.  So I'll talk about it as necessary, but when I'm really down in the dumps, I don't think it's fair to share with you and the rest of cyberspace.  I totally admire and appreciate people who say it like they mean it, like Bridesmaid A, because it's nice to know you aren't alone when you're feeling that way.  So if you are looking to commiserate with someone, find the people who will talk it out.  Unfortunately, that just isn't me.  Not in this place. 

But I just wanted to send an update out - because I think I actually have people who actively follow my blog!  Which is so fun and exciting :)  Thanks for still sending comments out (I got one this weekend that was a kick in the pants to end this disappearance) and being supportive! 

And back to our regularly scheduled content...

4 comments:

  1. I don't really talk about the "hard" stuff on my blog either. Sometimes I touch on it, but it's not what I want to "remember" about my life, or the wedding planning process. I think the point is to remember that nobody has a perfect life, and you are only seeing a small snapshot of a person and their life on blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! And it's not that I'm trying to hide or disguise it, but when I feel the need to talk through these things, I'm fortunate and lucky enough to have an amazing support system to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did a similar post and i agree, this place is usually about sunshine and rainbows. but i can guarantee that if you're feeling bad, you'll have a huge network of people out here to support you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're back! I was wondering where you went!! I agree with the other ladies here...we all def. have some hard stuff going on "behind the scenes" that I don't like to share either. But you have some really exciting things going on now that you deserve to feel excited about and to have others tell you how lucky and excited we are for you too! I hope things are looking up for you, and continue to get better...and hey, Spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete