Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Off Topic....Book Review?

I hate science.  Seriously, from the day Ranger Rick was no longer enough information to get me by, I totally checked out of science class.  Typically, Mr. C is a chemistry-degree-holding-med-student.  Opposites attract?

But I am LOVING this book I'm reading.  A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson.  

Guys, its a book about SCIENCE and I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN.  I haven't finished it yet, I (sadly!) left it at Mr. C's parents house after visiting this weekend.  Once I realized it, I sent a text and requested the immediate shipment of my book back to me.  Because I can't wait to find out what happens when LIFE starts to form.

Anyone else have any great book recommendations?  Us unemployeds would surely appreciate it!  Sure, reading blogs is nice, but sometimes a good old fashioned book is just what the doctor called for.  And 'fess up...Ranger Rick, anyone?

And that concludes my totally random off-topic post for today.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't finished it yet - I'm really excited to though. Have you read any of his other stuff? I have friends who really enjoy his style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rereading Harry Potter :) Bill Bryson is pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete