Monday, January 17, 2011

January 2011 - 9 months to go!

So when midnight of January 1st hit - it hit me in the back of my head too!  Wake up lady!  Your wedding is THIS year.  You are getting married THIS year.  That means your to-do list is getting extensive.  ANd dare we even say, that a time crunch may be in the back of your mind?


So here's where I'm at, and here is what's left to be done:

1) Venue

  • Re-connected with venue coordinator
  • Confirmed time line for re-visiting venue, walk through, and tasting
2)  Ceremony site

  • Sent deposit
  • Met with Father Peter, who will be marrying us
3) Decor

  • Found possible centerpieces (?) - I'll let you know about these soon!
  • Emailed florist, scheduled date to meet with her in person
  • Basic sketches and ideas regarding paper products and other details
  • Jars for candy bar
4) Music

  • In contact and pre-contract stage with wedding band
  • Researching first dance songs
6) Invites

  • Ordered samples of pockets
  • Visiting with MIL this weekend and will confirm and nail down ideas, possibly even start preparation
  • STD ideas - draft and play around with graphics
7) Clothing

  • Dress purchased, shoe ideas organized
  • Still deciding between tux and suit for Mr. C
8) Bridal Party

  • Need to start seriously researching dresses
  • Decide between tux and suit for groomsmen
  • Begin executing ideas for bridesmaid gifts
9) Misc.

  • Decide on and order candy for candy bar
  • OOT bags
  • Transportation

Can you think of anything else I'm forgetting?  It feels like a pretty succinct list, and it makes me realize that I have done a lot of work, but there is still more ahead of me!  

I'm looking forward to some of the things to tell you about that Mr. C and I accomplished over our winter break!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! How about the arrangements for visiting guests? Have you blocked off rooms where they'll be sleeping, and thought about what you want to have waiting for them when they get there? I am HERE so let me know if you need any help. xoxoxox <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good list..but I'm finding that no matter how prepared you are...that list is going to grow and grow and grow the closer you get!! It's all getting very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done quite a lot. One of the big things on my list for this month is finding a hotel.

    ReplyDelete