Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Fun!

Thanksgiving was a great success!  I talked a little bit about how I was a little bit sad to miss my first Thanksgiving with my family, but I really loved spending my very first holiday with Mr. C's family!

I have to admit, as a bad blogger, I took NO pictures the entire weekend.  Zero.  Zilch.  In fact, I didn't even BRING my camera with me to his house!  Who am I?!

The thing I missed the most (other than family, obviously) was going around the table and saying what I am thankful for.  So even though it is quite late, and it's not sharing with my family, and it's not around a table, I'm going to say what I am thankful for this year.  And it's been QUITE the year, so I have a LOT to be thankful for!

1)  My amazing, amazing family.  This year has been tough for us.  We've been through a lot, but coming to the end of the year, we certainly made it through.  And things are different.  But we are still our family, and we still love each other, and we have added two new members to the family (soon to be three!)


Here they are, making the Beaker face.  This picture includes my amazing aunt, and does not include my amazing Mr. C or Sister J's amazing Mr. D.  But they are included in my what I'm thankful for!

2) Mr. C.  There are so many millions of reasons I'm thankful for this amazingly wonderful person I have in my life.  Because he makes me laugh, because he keeps me sane, because he totally tolerates my insanity.  I could go on and on and on and...well you get the idea.  But I'll reserve most of my thanks for him, and tell him in person.


This is an example of one of the millions of reasons why I'm thankful to have Mr. C!  Look at this amazing art he makes for me in our kitchen!

3) Amazing friends.  For new friends, and for old friends.  Who make me laugh.  And let me cry.  And tell me when I'm being an idiot if necessary, but mostly let me get away with it.

I obviously can't post a picture of EVERY friend I'm grateful for.  That would basically be our entire bridal party, plus about a gazillion other people (just kidding - I'm not that popular).  But here's a good example of the silly things my friends and I love:

Vacationing:



Harry Potter World:






Cheering on marathoners:







Group dinner after a visit to Kleinfelds (that only the girls were allowed to come to):



4)  I'm thankful for beginning to learn how to appreciate and be proud of my own accomplishments.  I did some freakin' amazing things this year, and sometimes it takes a friendly reminder from my parents or Mr. C or those amazing friends that I shouldn't let a little bit of unemployment make these accomplishments seem insignificant.

There are many other things, some more petty (Brooklyn! tea!  my crockpot!  martha stewart cupcake book!) but I am thankful.  2010 was amazing.  And Thanksgiving is an important time to remember these things.  Even if you don't say them aloud around a table.

What are you thankful for this year?

3 comments:

  1. So, I should probably write you a heartfelt note like the one you left me, but really the first thing I have to say is HOW WAS HARRY POTTER LAND?! I WANT TO GO SO BAD!

    Yes, I'm still a little obsessed.

    And I'm also jealous that you have the Martha Stewart Cupcake book, I love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter World was AMAZING! Mr. C and I went with two of our best friends and we had a blast. I literally got chills walking into there - yes, I'm that nerdy. But it was awesome. A little crowded, but worth all the lines we had to wait in!

    ReplyDelete