Monday, December 6, 2010

Plan of Action


This is the starting line of my weight loss plan of action.  This will be the first time in my life I will actively be trying to lose weight and be healthy about it without Weight Watchers.  I have tried both the Atkins Diet and the South Beach Diet in the past, and where I stand now, I did not find those diets to be healthy or to promote long-term success.

So here is what I will be doing:

1)  Tracking Calorie Intake


I'm actually using an iPhone app to do this.  I'm going to eat less than 1,700 calories a day and hopefully this will lead to a 1.5 pound weight loss each week, which will help me hit my goal weight by late-April/early-May.  Or so says the iPhone app.

2) Free Yoga


Ok, it isn't free, but it is a class by donation.  Based on my financial situation, I believe I am justified to contribute what I'm comfortable donating to this yoga class.  I went today for the first time, spent a dollar, and enjoyed an hour long yoga class.  I also got to go with two of my good friends and killed two birds with one stone by exercising while socializing!

3) Walks


It is getting cold, but that isn't going to stop me!  I have a warm jacket, which I fondly refer to as my sleeping bag coat, and I will wear it to keep myself bundled up and keep burning those calories!

4) A Positive Attitude


Staying fresh, focused, and ready is going to be key to losing weight.  Without a positive attitude, I can't stay committed to my plan of action.  So I will be positive, no matter what happens, and I will stay focused and stay on plan.

Fridays will be my weigh-in day and I'll be sure to keep you posted on how successful this plan actually is.  Because the best part about moving forward with my own personal plan of action is that I can adapt it to make sure I am successful!

Have you ever created your own eating plan to lose weight?  Or have you ever been suckered into a fad diet?

3 comments:

  1. I signed up for a free trial of Weight Watchers just to see what it was all about a little over a month or so ago. What I realized is that it was exactly what I was going to be starting on my own and I didn't want to pay the money for something I could do on my own. So.. I cancelled it and started my own eating plan (with the help of my FH who went to school for kiniesiology, which is the study of the movement of the body, he also trained to be a body builder and was a personal trainer before). And I also started exercising more (you can read my exercise schedule on my blog, I just posted it!) and I just completed week 1 of the couch to 5k program. I'm down a total of 13lbs in 4 weeks and I'm starting to feel really good about myself!

    So girl, you can't totally do it and if you ever need any motivation, I'm here for you!! You can always stop by my blog or add me to facebook (there's a facebook link on the side of my blog). We can even hold each other accountable if you like.

    Definitely stay positive and you'll see amazing results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan. Definitely preferable to South Beach or Atkins. If it helps: http://princessbrideca.blogspot.com/search/label/wedding%20diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Plan!! You'll do great, we'll help keep each other motivated!

    ReplyDelete