Saturday, December 11, 2010

My First Etsy Experience

So, Etsy.  I'm a little intimidated by you.  You're the cool, artsy girl, who does stuff her own way, doesn't follow anyone's rules, is a little bit different, and everyone loves you for it.

But me, I was scared!  I like rules!  I like order!  I mean, I am a Scorpio. :)  But so many people seem to love it, have great experiences there, and even sell their own projects through their Etsy shop.

So I went for it...I dived right in, and started hunting down Christmas presents.

Mr. C and I buy each other Christmas ornaments every year to add to our collection.  So, with some friends in tow, I went to explore the Union Square Christmas Market and the Bryant Park Christmas Market.



These markets are fantastic.  They are so...Christmas-y.  There is no better way to describe it!  They make you feel full of holiday spirit, and when it's cold out, it's the perfect place to grab a hot chocolate and wander about and see some of the amazing things people have for sale.

However, for me, the ornaments just didn't do it.  They were pricey.  They were hokey.  They were not full of the romance and spirit that I was hoping to get out of an ornament this year.

But at least I knew they were options!  I knew they were there, and I knew they would be there up until I left for Christmas.  So I went home, and put my Google to work.

I found some of the ones they were selling at the Christmas market on eBay.

This snowman ornament was cute, and could be personalized.  And was $11 less then they were selling it for at the Christmas markets.

These bears weren't at the Christmas market, but they had the same vibe and theme I was going for.

And that's when a little bell went off my head and a voice spoke to me: "Yo!  Busy Bee!  Check out that Etsy business!"  So I did.  And this little intimidated Busy Bee made her very first Etsy purchase.  And there was much rejoicing.  (Anyone get that movie reference?)

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog, it's adorable! feel free to stop by mine and say hello :)

    she said yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can't wait to read yours as well!

    ReplyDelete