Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Etsy Triumph

After deciding to look to Etsy, and searching through some of the things they had for sale, I knew right away that this was a great plan!  The first one I saw was this one


It was just what I wanted!  So I contacted the seller, Rachel Walter, through her shop, Hand Picked For Me.  

I told her I was in LOVE with the Engaged Ornament and wanted to know if she would create something similar for Sister J for Christmas as well!  And Rachel was SUPER responsive, really open to my ideas.  After a few conversations back and forth, I came home to see this waiting for me:



Even the package was all done up for Christmas!  (And yes, I have no photo editing skills, so I used my camera case to block out my address ;))


Eek!  So exciting!  And the goodies that were on the inside:




This one is for Mr. C for Christmas!  We exchange ornaments every year, and it's a great way to remember one of the biggest events (for us) in 2010.

Then I also asked Rachel to make this one for me, with only a really basic explanation of what I wanted. And she nailed it: 




Now Sister J will have an ornament to remember their pregnancy and the exciting time waiting for my niece to arrive!

Rachel was really great - I'm so glad that this was my first Etsy experience and that Rachel was the first seller I've dealt with.  I highly recommend her shop for any ornament you may need!

All photos personal unless otherwise noted.  The Etsy seller did not ask me or give me any benefit for reviewing her work, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment