Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wedding Inspiration Road Block


I don't know what it is lately, but I have been relatively uninspired about my wedding! Maybe it was Sister J's wedding as a distraction (/stress-inducer/project to worry about) that made me not want to think about my wedding for awhile. Maybe it was feeling how far away the wedding is (375 days according to my desktop countdown). Maybe I had just read too many freaking blogs and was getting an inferiority complex.

Whatever it is, I'm uninspired as of late. I don't want to think about dresses. I don't want to think about color schemes...or favors...or venues...or any of it!

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love that man I'm engaged to. But sometimes, the planning is stressful. And uninspired.

Maybe a list will help. To see exactly what we HAVE accomplished:

1) Venue. Sigh. It is SO freaking beautiful. I do get a great big tingly feeling when I think about dancing and romancing in there. So that's a good sign!

2) Photographer. I'm excited about having David Barnes photograph our wedding! He also did a friend's sister's wedding, and her album was the sample album he showed me in his studio! i think it was a sign.

...Um, is that really it?! Hmmm, maybe this list will inspire me to get my butt in gear! Things need to be done!

What do you do to get over a mental block that is cutting off your creative juices?

No comments:

Post a Comment