Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sister J's Wedding



My beautiful Sister J got married this past weekend, 10/2/10. She looked absolutely beautiful and we all had a fantastically awesome day. It started bright and early at the hair salon. J, Mom, BM K, and myself all had our hair done. Sister J and Mom were pampered extra special and had their makeup done as well.


We were there for about two and a half hours, and then went back to Mom's house for a quick bite to eat, and then it was time for the big dress-putting-on-moment. That's when things got a bit hectic...



But we got the bride in her dress and she looked absolutely stunning. So then it was on to the church and time to make our way down the aisle!


That's me, the busy bee, walking down the aisle. (I had a little problem with tearing up. I focused straight ahead to avoid crying). And then, with a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful homily, Sister J and (now) Brother D were married!


We moved on to take some photos in our town center, photos at the venue, and then partied the rest of the night away. My speech was (based on the opinions of others) a success, the first and parent dances were lovely, and the food was delicious. And above all, Sister J was married!

It was a very exciting day, and I must admit, it made me VERY excited for mine to come in just over a year!

Have you ever participated in a sibling's wedding? Was it exciting for you?


All personal photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment