Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Necklace

(Source.)

I just wanted to share with you a quote from this book I'm reading. I'm actually not quite done yet (give me a break, I only started it 26 hours ago...but I do only have 8 pages left...). But I found that this quote was something I could relate to entirely right now. The more I grow up, the more I realize how many people I actually do need in my life, and what I need them for.

In the past, Priscilla had always though that the smarter and more successful you were, the more you didn't need other people, the more you could do it all yourself. Priscilla had never asked anyone for anything. Now she was starting to think differently. Maybe the smarter you were, the sooner you recognized you were in trouble and asked for help. (The Necklace, Cheryl Jarvis, page 163, emphasis added)


I just felt that was so fitting with everything I'm going through right now. It's important to stop, and to know when you need to ask for help.

Is this something you recognize in your life? Are you any good at asking for help when you need it?



I have never been in contact with the author or the publisher of this book, and just wanted to share with you because I enjoy it so much! Here's where you can buy the book if you are interested: Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com







No comments:

Post a Comment