Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Invitation Brainstorming, Part I


Although we're still a little far out, my amazingly talented MIL has offered to assist us in making our invitations. She's a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and her cards are unreal! We get one sent to our apartment for almost any and every holiday...and fake holidays, and for no reason at all!

But the moral of this story is, she's going to help us with our invitations and I need some inspiration. Stat.

I started with Wedding Paper Divas. I took some inspiration from there. I began my search with my favorite color from our palette - orange.

I loved the lanterns and birdcage here. Actually, way back when we first started looking, I was seriously thinking about a birdcage theme. I saw them all over the place when I traveled to Beijing, and I love how they can look all dressed up. But I'm hesitant to commit to this theme in an invitation, as I'm finding that it would probably be expensive to carry through the decor.
I absolutely love this invitation. I love the monogram, I love the design along the side. Unfortunately, this just doesn't go with the atmosphere of our wedding.


This invitation is simple, with just a touch of that something extra. I think I need a little something more.

Be still my heart. This invitation is stunning. But again, really not our style, and probably out of our reach for DIY-ing.

(All these invites found here.)

So I found all these, and tried to decide what I really loved about all of them. There is some sort of extra pizazz in each. Either a lace design or some sort of scroll pattern. But I needed to be sure that MIL would have either a stamp or other cool tool that would create that for me. That led to my Google search for "scroll stamp" and "Stampin Up wedding invitations." That led me to this:



Ohhhh! Scrolly! (Is this a real adjective? Full o' scrolls?) And even better, I sent this picture with some others to my MIL, and she already owns this stamp. Bonus!

So up next, I'll show you the rest of my inspiration, and let you know what MIL thinks about all this (plus, I'll also get to see her this upcoming weekend, and talk about some of these things in person!).

No comments:

Post a Comment