Monday, October 18, 2010

Back on Track: Weigh-In!

You can probably assume from the blog post title...but I finally, finally, finally saw what I wanted at my weigh-in this week...negative!

I lost a pound this week, and what did it take to achieve that? Surprise, surprise, it required me to stay within my points limits, workout, track, drink water, follow the Good Health Guidelines, and more. Oh, what's that you say? Oh yes, it's the entire Weight Watchers program.

I think this just goes to show that when you are diligent, you stay on program, and you really monitor yourself, you will absolutely have success.

While doing this though, I did find some problems with my own self on program.

  • Boredom. This topic is often brought up at weekly meetings. Because it is so rampant in the program! The same foods, the same routine, the same (or barely different) results. Now, if you are good about program, then the same-ness of this probably really works out for you. But I couldn't even survive one week of strict-on-program-ness without feeling desperate and trapped. And switching things up is TOUGH. Any suggestions with how to conquer this?
  • Working out. Ugh. I hate it. I hate working out. There, I said it. I don't have to like it, I don't have to pretend to like it. But, I still have to do it. Even the 20 minute at home workout really puts a damper on my day. I will find any excuse NOT to do it.
  • Watching everyone else. They don't have to count points, they don't have to exercise regularly, and they LOVE to eat. This. Is. Tough. I'm not going to give up going out with or hanging out with friends...so how do I get rid of food envy?
So even with a good week on program, I found myself struggling. Mostly emotionally...which is ok. I think that is 99% of this journey. My emotions and my mentality. My body will change if I decrease its intake. That is pure science. But I have to change my head to get behind this, so that I want to limit intake (far beyond "I wish I was skinny" to "I don't need/want/desire/even like that food").

Let's not talk about what this past weekend was like then...yikes. But that's ok. I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to be good again. Sure, the loss won't be as big as last week when I stayed on track, but hopefully I can at least stay somewhat in the negatives!

How was your weigh-in this week? I hope you were successful!

1 comment:

  1. Boredom: Cookbooks. With calorie counts in them. Seriously, seriously helpful if it's a good, low-cal book. Or even allrecipes.com or epicurious.com. I think they both have the calories listed. Maybe not. But you can figure it out. Cooking good food for yourself that stays within your limits REALLY helps break up the monotony.

    Working Out: Watch TV while you're doing it. If you can, watch shows that you like and are actually interested in. It helps SO MUCH. Or try to do a sport that you like. Adult groups are out there.

    Everyone Else: I know this is really tough, but try not to obsess about food. The more you think about it, the more you'll want it. Don't go hungry; you'll end up eating more. Low-cal, high-fiber snacks like fruit and veges can help cut the hunger without adding too many points. And make sure you cut yourself some slack. Save up points for a treat at least once a week. After a while, you need to indulge. Also, everyone else out there probably is thinking about their weight, especially in New York. You're not alone.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete