Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back to Blogging


I started up this blog awhile ago. And then...it lay empty. I wrote a few blog posts, but they are saved to my computer hard drive, not for the world to see.

Recently, I was inspired to start again. Inspired by some friends who blog, inspired by websites I frequent and how blogging has helped them in their respective journeys, and inspired by the prospect that someone might find my blog, fall in love with me, and offer me a JOB. I'm not sure what inspiration proves to be the strongest, but they have all certainly played a part.

But here I am - 25 years old, engaged, overweight, and unemployed. It's probably one of the worst combinations there are. Each of these things requires a certain amount of focus, energy, and drive. But the overwhelming stress of what they each takes often leads me to be lazy, unfocused, and unmotivated. Mostly, though, depressed. What a vicious circle.

This is what I feel like. Except it would say "Jenny Busy Bee FAIL." (Source.)

So here I am, starting anew. That means everything. Today, I will get back on track with my Weight Watchers, track all my food, and exercise. Today, I will focus on the networking event I'm attending (blegh) and continue to apply for jobs EVERY DAY. Today, I will stop just drooling over wedding websites and start narrowing things down.

Today, I start fresh. Sure, it is a Tuesday, but we all have to start somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog (after you found mine, haha), and I am excited to catch up on all the planning you've been doing. If this panda picture is any indicator of what's to come, I know I'll be smiling and laughing through the whole thing. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete